Saturday, April 08, 2006

Tamiya Con 2006

My buddy works at Tamiya America. Each year they have a convention in which modelers come from all over the country to display their craft. The winners get a trip to Japan to visit the manufacturing plant. My buddy enlists some of us in the historical group to bring out our stuff. We play on tanks for two while the modelers take pictures of authentic equipment, weapons and vehicles. I brought my mini out this year too. Marines that are stationed in 29 Palms also come out. I got to talk with several of them that have served two tours in Iraq. They are great young men. I look forward to talking with them tomorrow. Many of them were amazed at all the historic stuff we bring out.

My mini, next to a halftrack.

1942 M-4 Sherman

M-5 Stuart

Abrams

No comments: