Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fatherhood

I love my boys and hope for their best - not in a material way. They give me great joy even though they can frustrate the heck out of me on those rare occasions. I married into a "Leave it to Beaver" family - loving, supportive. My father-in-law is a wonderful man and you couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law. My wife possesses their wonderful qualities. I married waaay above my station. I know families like this exist because of personal experience even though Hollywood would have us believe they are really hiding monsters in the closet. Having said this, I know that no family is perfect.

I would like my boys to think of me as a good father. What makes a good father? A lot of thoughts come to mind. But one thought keeps pushing forward - before anything else - my boys must think of me as a good husband to their mother.

That was kind of a Dr Phil moment - eh -er - I'm off to pull an engine now.

Sideache
sideache@sideache.com

No comments: